The purpose of gutters is to protect your home from the elements, namely rain and other water sources. Run-offs from your roof can cause a wide array of problems. Even when you have gutters, they may fail to work due to a number of issues like:
- Clogs from dirt, debris and leaves.
- Ice blocks that stop them from draining properly.
- Severe weather damage
- Hail damage
- Heavy winds that often blow twigs, limbs and other objects into them.
- Normal wear and tear and aging that causes them to fail or need replacement.
- Improper installation, causing them to fail or function improperly.
- Low quality workmanship or faulty materials
- Ladders and other things placed against them, causing stress issues.Gutters that are in need of repair or replacement can cause a world of problems. When water cannot be channeled from your roof properly, your roof can actually cave in from the pressure. In addition, you may experience:
- Electrical damage due to wet wires and outlets
- Bowing of your roof
- Curling or cracked shingles
- Foundation issues
- Lawn and garden problems
- Mold and mildew
Not all gutter damage can be seen by those who don’t know what to look for. Especially if you have experienced severe weather lately, chances are your gutters may have suffered some damage. Don’t get caught off-guard. We are gutter experts. Let us take a look at your gutter system and if you need repairs or a complete replacement, we’ll give you a free quote at no obligation.