The purpose of gutters is to protect your home from the elements, namely rain and other water sources. Run-offs from your roof can cause a wide array of problems. Even when you have gutters, they may fail to work due to a number of issues like:
- Clogs from dirt, debris and leaves.
- Ice blocks that stop them from draining properly.
- Severe weather damage
- Hail damage
- Heavy winds that often blow twigs, limbs and other objects into them.
- Normal wear and tear and aging that causes them to fail or need replacement.
- Improper installation, causing them to fail or function improperly.
- Low quality workmanship or faulty materials
- Ladders and other things placed against them, causing stress issues.Gutters that are in need of repair or replacement can cause a world of problems. When water cannot be channeled from your roof properly, your roof can actually cave in from the pressure. In addition, you may experience:
- Electrical damage due to wet wires and outlets
- Bowing of your roof
- Curling or cracked shingles
- Foundation issues
- Lawn and garden problems
- Mold and mildew